Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pizza My Heart

Day 3 in Italy

I thought that perhaps the reputation Naples has for pizza must be a bit exaggerated.  It had to be all hype, right?  Nope.  I had the absolute BEST pizza of my entire life today.  Other than that, Naples isn't really a big deal.  It's kinda grungy actually.  Sure, there are the old buildings and statues, fountains, castles, and piazzas... but they're all covered in graffiti like everything else.  But, it's nice and quiet and not so crowded with tourists.  It was nice to just walk around and shop a bit today.  I went to a few small stores to get some groceries for dinner... wine, cheese, bread, peaches, and salami... yummm.

I can't believe that I'm saying this, but I think I'm ready to come home.  I'm hot and tired.  It's so muggy here... the adjustment to the heat and rich food has completely zapped my energy.  And I miss my family and my friends.  I can't wait to give my mom a hug and have my dad tell me to stop talking so much... lol.  I can't wait to see my friends from church and spend some time with Ashley.  I want to run at MY beach.  Yes, it'll be nice to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment